Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gwenda and I at a wedding in 2010

Introducing my sister Gwenda

Gwenda is my very special sister whom I love dearly. She is my only sibling, is two years younger than me, and has learning difficulties and autism. She is my best friend and my most faithful supporter! This photo, taken when she was unaware, is special because it shows her happy and carefree. Recently she has been seriously mentally ill, and the psychiatrist said she would probably take 6-12 months to recover. But after prayer from faithful supporters and some strangers from all over the world, she has made an amazing recovery. I'm so thrilled to have my sister back!

Through her I've also got to know many other precious people with learning difficulties. She is cared for by Prospects (www.prospects.org.uk) - an excellent Christian organisation caring for people with learning difficulties, helping them to live life to the full. Their care for her releases me to be able to do what God asks me to do. She lives just 3 miles away in a semi-detached home with two other people with learning difficulties, and when I'm home we spend most Saturdays together. We also like to go on holiday together from time to time, especially to Lee Abbey, Devon (www.leeabbey.org.uk) over Christmas, where we have a great time. Gwenda is a faithful member of Emmanuel Christian Centre in Llandudno.

No comments:

Post a Comment